From the soothing sound of the Mokihinui River to our famously comfortable beds, you’ll experience the relaxation you deserve in the Rough and Tumble Bush Lodge’s guest rooms. The five rooms, each named after a Mokihinui River gold mine from the 1870s, feature ensuite bathrooms, handcrafted finishing touches, and sweeping views of the Glasgow Range.
Each guest room accommodates up to four people, with beds both downstairs and upstairs on a mezzanine floor. They’re great for couples and perfect for groups of up to four, with visual separation between upstairs and down.
- Supremely comfortable beds with quality linens.
- Beds configured as kings or two singles both downstairs and upstairs.
- Ensuite facilities with shower.
- Large insect-screened picture windows both downstairs and upstairs.
- Views of native virgin rainforest and the Glasgow Range.
- Original local art and historical maps.
- Privacy and serenity.
- Direct vented gas heating.
- Bathroom heater.
- One guest suite (of the 5 available) has a wheelchair accessible bathroom. Please let us know if you require this suite.
- Continental breakfast available from 6.00am
- Wi-fi in the Main Lodge
- Use of our famous Bush Shower
- Self-serve tea and coffee in the Main Lodge
- TV with Freeview in the Main Lodge
- Books and games
Please see our Food and Brews page for information on available meals.