Many guests never get in a vehicle during their stay with us; there's plenty to do right onsite. When your backyard is one of the most beautiful around, it's pretty hard to beat! Here's a list of some of our "vehicle free" activities:
- Enjoy the beautiful bush and river trails on our private 100 acres.
- Hike up the scenic Mokihinui Track to the Rough and Tumble Creek.
- Play in the sit-on-top kayaks in the flatwater area ('The Pool') in front of the lodge.
- Fish for brown trout for days on end in one of New Zealand's purest rivers.
- Hunt for deer. A kayak directly across the river gets you in deep right away.
- Pan for gold in the riversand; the Mokihinui is known for its nuggets!.
- Mountain bike local roads, to the renowned Charming Creek Walkway, and up the track.
- Feed the eels
- Bike to the Tasman Sea (30 minute ride), be a beach bum, then cycle back along the Chasm Creek Walkway.
- Walk or bike to the nearby Seddonville Hotel, say gidday to Graeme the publican.and enjoy a locally-brewed beer
- Swim or snorkel in The Pool. It's 40 feet deep and (usually) crystal clear.
- Have a short walk after dinner to visit our resident glow worms; so close, you’re eye to eye with them
- Kick back around the campfire, tell tall tales and enjoy some homemade music